Becky is a professional animal carer with over ten years experience within the industry. During this time, she has worked in wildlife parks, animal rescue centres and veterinary clinics as well as working as a freelance dog behavioural consultant.
In addition to her professional experience she has provided a home to numerous animals including; cats, dogs, rabbits, lizards, chickens and ferrets. Many of these being rescue animals who came with behavioural problems or specialist dietary and medical needs. Becky currently shares her home with her 7 dogs and 4 cats.
As well as being insured, Becky has several related qualifications including:
- NVQ’s in Animal Care,
- Fdsc in Canine Training and Behaviour – Bishop Burton College (Hull University)
- The Science of Dog on Dog Aggression – The School of Canine Science.
- The Science of Predation and drive – The School of Canine Science.
- 4 day practical instructor course – Institute of Modern Dog Trainers (IMDT).
- Canine Body Language course – Institute of Modern Dog Trainers (IMDT).
- Canine Dog Aggression & Rehabilitation Course – Institute of Modern Dog Trainers (IMDT).
- Full member of the The Pet Professional Guild.
- Qualified Scent Instructor- UK College Of Scent Dogs
- Completed Master Course in Canine Aggression – Michael Shikashio
She has a strong focus on her professional development and is continuously updating her skills and knowledge.
Becky believes in positive reinforcement training only, using toys and food as rewards when training.